[PD] MySql database accessing with PureData ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 27 09:17:41 CET 2003

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, Alexandre Castonguay wrote:

> It turns out we had a similar problem and Mathieu was kind enough to
> add a mysql object to GridFlow.  It is not a standard object so you
> will have to add it to a .gridflow_startup file.

Hi. Since it's to be put in a .gridflow_startup file it's not "added to
GridFlow" but rather "written for GridFlow".

It's written for GridFlow because part of GridFlow is to the Ruby language
what PyExt is to Python.

However, just as one written in Python would require a mysql-for-python
module, you will need a mysql-for-ruby with mine. You may download that
at:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=mysql-ruby