[PD] dvd

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 4 18:38:52 CET 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 03:54:58PM +0100, roc wrote:
> i got ggee's [shell] external but not the help file
> i intend to use it to control Mplayer (under os X) reading a dvd, as
> Marc Lavallée suggested.
> any tips on how to do that? i am not familiar with the [shell] ext.

I'm trying to do as I suggested, but there's a few problems. I can start
playing a DVD title, but the slave mode doesn't work because the "send"
command of the shell external doesn't send the required linefeed. Also, if
I move any PD's window, mplayer freezes until I release the mouse button.

So basically it doesn't work as expected, but if you only need to start
and stop a dvd title without controlling it (pause, seek, etc), it works.

There's hope: a tcp/ip daemon to control mplayer: http://mplayerd.sf.net/
But I don't know yet how to use it from PD...
--
Marc