[PD] Re: [PD-announce] k_guile v0.0.1

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Jan 5 16:45:19 CET 2004

Hi Kjetil,
my congratulations - that was fast!!

I have hard times to get your k_cext (version 0.3.0) running on Windows
(using MSVC), just because it uses some gcc language extensions (like
#defines with varargs, the bool type and variables defined not at the
function beginning, static variable[] without a size) that.
I send you the patched source files that should compile under both
platforms.

There are still (at least) two further problems which prevent the external
from running flawlessly:
- the INT and FLOAT parameter lists need to be parsed to get the number of
parameters for F_INT and F_FLOAT (generatecode.c, lines 20-50)
- the static definitions for k_cext_int_funcs, k_cext_int_x etc. should be
defined in the ad-hoc source prior to the other code (the declarations in
k_cext.h don't work!)

There's also a makefile because this one will need less editing since it
simply uses the msvc compiler prompt.
I guess there should also be two include paths for the ad-hoc compilation...
one for the PD headers and one for k_cext.h... two keep the pd/src folder
clean.

best greetings,
Thomas