[PD] Re: [PD-announce] k_guile v0.0.1

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Sun Jan 11 17:36:29 CET 2004

Larry Troxler:

> Kjetil, speaking of paths, it would be better IMO if you use the PD search
> path to load your scheme files, instead of only looking in the current
> directory. What I did in my pd_scheme external was to define a C callback in
> scheme, which callled the PD path search routine.

Okey, I'll let it look in the current directory first and the check out
the PD search path, and after that, perhaps the guile %load-path?

> I think this bit is very much needed for practical use, unless people want to
> copy all the scheme files they use into the directory that they run PD from.

I allways do it like that. Cd into a project directory where and have all
my files, and start pd.

> For example, your help file doesn't run as is, with your current approach.

No, you must cd into the k_guile directory. :)
Oh well.

> Understand, please, that this is a minor point overall, and I thank you for
> providing this way cool tool for us PD users!
>
> Another minor point, it would be nice if PD timers (or maybe "clocks" is the
> PD nomenclature, I don't remember) were supported as well.

Hmm, are you sure its not easier to use metro or something?
It shouldn't be to hard to implement though.

> But really, actually, either of the above two points I could tackle myself.
> Just let me know (a) if you want me to,

Yes, that would be very nice. If you have access to the pure data
cvs, please commit. If not, just e-mail the patches to me.