[PD] could the handling of local variables in message boxes be made easier?

Johannes Taelman j0 at advalvas.be
Mon Jan 26 19:52:26 CET 2004

And if this aspect of PD changes, please please, add a complete
character escape mechanism, to be able to get literal '$', newline,
backslash, comma, semicolomn, and spaces in a symbol.

Now pd is only 99% compatible with ASCII. I think the escape mechanism
can be compatible with old patches, since there are only numbers used
after a '$'.

That would allow to send eg. "set $; target1 $$*" to a message box.

regards,
  j#|@