[PD] messaging question

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sat Feb 7 20:49:12 CET 2004

hi,

you can use the trigger object. it is abbreviated with "t".

if you connect your slider outlet to a [trigger bang float] (= [t b f]) then
you have two outlets. the right outlets the float and the left a bang,
everytime when a new message comes in. the float is sent before the bang, so
you can connect the second outlet with eg. the *~ and the first with the
message 44100.

of course you could also multiply the result of your subtraction (endpoint -
startpoint) with 2,26757e-005 which is 1/44100 and is even a bit faster in
computation than the division.

marius.