[PD] webcam on OSX

Sam Roig tzahm at punkass.com
Fri Feb 13 20:01:10 CET 2004

 >I am compiling the latest version of GEM right now. I hope it will fix
> >the problem.
>
> Compiling it using ProjectBuilder/Xcode?

Compiling gem with the provided ProjectBuilder project would not work. I downloaded the compiled version from http://taproot.dyndns.org/~cgc/) and it still does not work. Below there's what pd spitted out when trying to use the gem video examples.

[19:43][sam:~/bin/pd-0.37-0]$ ./pd -lib Gem

GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.888-pre1
GEM: compiled: Jan  9 2004
GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: Authors :  Mark Danks (original version on irix/windows)
GEM:            Chris Clepper (macOS-X)
GEM:            Daniel Heckenberg (windows)
GEM:            James Tittle (macOS-X)
GEM:            IOhannes m zmoelnig (linux/windows)

MAN::resetState entered
pix_videoDarwin: constructor
pix_videoDarwin: height 320 width 240
pix_videoDarwin: number of SGcomponents: 1
pix_videoDarwin: opened default component
pix_videoDarwin: initialized SG
dataref ok

pix_videoDarwin: made new SG channnel
pix_videoDarwin: set SG ChannelBounds
pix_videoDarwin: set SG ChannelUsage
pix_videoDarwin: set SG HighQuality
MAN::resetState entered
error: pix_videoDarwin: no method for 'device'
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
pix_videoDarwin: height 256 width 256
pix_videoDarwin: height 256 width 128
error: pix_videoDarwin: no method for 'enumerate'
MAC: createGemWindow()
GemMan: create window
MAC: createGemWindow()
GemwinMac: width - 400 height - 400
MAC: BuildGLonWindow entered
MAC: BuildGLonWindow: fDraggable= false
MAC: BuildGLonWindow: not draggable on single device
MAC: BuildGLonWindow (!pcontextInfo->fDraggable && (numDevices == 1))
MAC: BuildGLonWindow exit
createGemWindow() finished
hints: actuallyDisplay = 1
hints: border = 1
hints: width = 400
hints: height = 400
hints: real_w = 400
hints: real_h = 400
hints: x_offset = 0
hints: y_offset = 0
hints: fullscreen = 0
hints: border = 1
hints: display = (null)
hints: title = GEM
hints: shared = 0
hints: fsaa = 0
GEM: Start rendering
pix_texture: not using client storage
pix_texture: not using client storage

pix_videoDarwin: SGIdle failed

GEM: pix_videoDarwin: no video yet
pix_videoDarwin: SGIdle failed

When using the example patch 00.SimpleVideo.pd, it also gives the following errors:

ierror: pix_videoDarwin: no method for 'device'
error: pix_videoDarwin: no method for 'enumerate'

--