[PD] pd won't open complex patches

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Feb 15 11:21:15 CET 2004

Hi,

after successful compilation of pd-0.37 (thanks Frank!), pd won't open
my patches anymore. I get the regular "watchdog: signaling pd"
printout in the console and the opened patch windows stay white
without displaying their contents.

Opening the patch with the -noaudio option works. I tried for more
than an hour to track down the problem by partially deleting
subpatchers but it seems to be a matter of number rather than a
specific subpatcher which doesn't work. My guess is that a lot of
audio connections and visible arrays make pd hang. The patch still
works fine with pd-0.36 (with about 50% of cpu load).

Any ideas how I can get it to work?

--
Orm