[PD] Red Hat 9 and PD

Padraig Kitterick padraigkitterick at oceanfree.net
Tue Feb 24 23:12:52 CET 2004

Hi,

If you are using a graphical logon then its likely that its XDM or GDM.
That means that the .Xsession file in your home directory will contain
the commands for starting different window managers. If you disable the
graphical logon you would have to look to the .xinitrc file. This is the
usual way on RedHat anyway. A quick search of any linux user groups will
help too.

If you want a really light-weight window manager may I suggest Blackbox
(http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/) as its very fast.

Best wishes,

Padraig