[PD] Red Hat 9 and PD - RH9 is rubbish-7.3 is not

Matthew Allen matthew at lith.com
Wed Feb 25 19:42:52 CET 2004

	Planet CCRMA's Fedora Core1 is working just fine here for me on
a bit of an older machine (Athlon 1Ghz, 384mbs of ram, Geforce 3,
midiman 4/10). I use PD with both alsa and jack. I seem to get much
better performance with jack (little or no drop outs, unless I make FVWM
do something funky). I think the trick with any of the bigger desktop
targeted distros is to really turn off as many of the startup deamons
you can. Don't need to print? Turn it off. No need NFS? Turn it off!

	This take a bit more time and patience (and to be honest I
havn't been able to get to all of the one I would like to and I still
get good performance out of my machine). Its really all about tweaking
your system to work for your set up.

m.