[PD] midi clock sync > [midirealtimein] [midiclkin]

urs jeltsch uese at anorg.net
Fri Feb 27 12:51:19 CET 2004

thanx for sending me your files! But - hope you're a patient with a pd
newbie (i first had to learn to how to use the terminal in osx to
install pd...) - how do i have to use or install these files?

i heard about this 2 objects here:
so they say:
[midiclkin]: it is under constructing now...
[midirealtimein]: recieve F8 to FF, but it only works on Windows...
 >>you can find it here: http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~tohk/pd/
Anyway, i experimented with this objects under osx and [midiclkin]
doesn't recevies any message at all (well, still under construction)
and [midirealtimein] only gets lots of zeros (well, only for windows?).
And i couldn't find any docs about these 2 object. only this:

[midirealtimein] <deffloat>
Methods: list
Outlets: first: float ; 2nd: float

and the same for [midiclk]

Well, not really helpfull for a newbie :), but after experimenting with
[midirealtimein], i could get some sort of external timing (i think the
list of zeros i get with it are in fact the F8 and FF messages, but pd
(under osx) doesn't really recognize it).

But, hasn't anybody wrote a abstraction or patch for external midisync,
yet? i thought that this would be a quite common task.
Or could anybody give me some hints, how to do it (under osx)?

thanx for your help!

Urs