[PD] PD Knoppix

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Mar 11 01:05:19 CET 2004

m wrote:

> as you already mentioned there are some live linux cds around including pd (but as far as I remember
> withoud pdp, pidip... ) like dynebolic, unofficial demudi live cds ..

Dynebolic should have PDP very soon.

 > what kind of things/tools are you missing in this kind of basic and
(somehow) limited setup to continue the mission.?

a few things...

essential:
ALSA + Jack [what is it using now? real OSS or emulation?]
PDP
PiDiP

not sure if there are already present, but very much necessary:
Zexy
IEMlibs 1,2,mp3,t3
cyclone/maxlib
bonk~
fiddle~
OSC
maybe some of Yves' fun stuff like Grid...

optional:
Low Latency kernel w/capabilities
LADPSA plugins
Jack-Rack
Qjackconnect
Qjackctl
a sound editor like Rezound for quick sample manipulation
or maybe even Ardour, if you dare...

but these last things really get the project much closer to Guenter's
unofficial DeMuDi CD. depends on how big you dream for a tiny little 3" CD.

but the externals and enhanced audio functionality really expand the
project more, without too much trouble and space I hope. maybe I will
play around with it myself as well, and see how it goes.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 192: