[PD] sending txt files

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Mar 30 13:21:25 CEST 2004

moin roc,

On 30 March 2004 at 13:06:00, roc wrote:
 > hi ppl
 > i'm currently working on a pd project that generates txt files as part
 > of the output and i'd like to get some assistance on how to
 > automatically post these txt files to a web site.
 > i have no experience whatsoever in using pd to send stuff over the net-

[netsend] to a perl script which actually performs the post,
or to some other program getting its input from a corresponding
pdreceive(1)?  I suppose OSC would work, too.  If you're
generating actual *files*, you could probably get away
with just the 'shell' object (from library ???), too.

maybe have a look at the pd example from 'saywhat' (which
i believe you must have on cd somewhere ;-) for an idea
of how the [netsend] method might work.

i just wrote a set of perl classes for wrapping
pdsend/pdreceive; i'll try and remember to upload
them this evening -- let me know if you're interested.

... your idea sounds cool, though: what kind of text
are you generating?

marmosets,
	Bryan