MacOS X Pd.app WAS Re: [PD] Re: Gaining access to /usr/local/lib/pd/extra in the Finder?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 8 21:06:57 CEST 2004

On Thursday, Apr 8, 2004, at 14:32 America/New_York, 0001 wrote:

>>> and this is not fixed
>>
>> Its not hard to fix IIRC, I think you just change then name of the
>> app in the Info.plist that is in the Wish Shell.app.
> well curiously I just hacked it the dirty way again XD, using a
> symlink. but I'll try this way better.

>>> oop, this  should be fixed in the version on the server
>>
>> How did you fix this?
> with a symlink also, pd  looks for ../doc

Hmm, I don't entirely get it based on this description, but I'll take a
look at the next uPDated.app when you release it.

>> I think there is a quick hack which might work, which is launching a
>> .term file from AppMain.tcl to open a terminal in Terminal.app.  The
>> console can either stay in the Terminal.app window, or it could just
>> launch Pd with a built-in console.
> but pd tries to launch the Wish shell no?

I could be wrong, but I think that there was a way to specify which
Wish Shell.app pd opens.  But its been a while since I looked at it.

>> I think in the short term, the Platypus way is fine.  But I think for
>> the long run, we should figure out AppMain.tcl and get in as part of
>> Pd.
> isn't pd.tk a bit like our AppMain.tcl  ?
> I supose  it should be the opposite of what it is now: tcl launching
> pd and not pd launching tcl

Right, that sounds familiar.

____

                     There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
										-A.J. Muste