[PD] [Zexy] Writing data to matrices

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 19 10:24:43 CEST 2004

Alyte Podvoiskis wrote:
> Hi again!
>

> I'm trying to write data to external excel files to create matrices. I know
> [matrix] performs this function and I've found the 'write' function but
> don't understand how to connect the two.

basically it should be possible to load the mtx-files with excel.
the format is not csv (comma separated values) but just space-separated
columns and <cr>-separated rows.
but i think you could tell any decent spreadsheat-app to interpret this
format correctly.

[msgfile] can read/write csv-files so probably you could use this as a
filter. (but i am not sure whether it will interpret the format correctly)

i have to admit, that my primary concern with the mtx-format was
import/export to math-software like octave/matlab and not spreadsheats.

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes