[PD] hdsp & pd (again..)

aym3ric stm-sq at bleu255.com
Tue Apr 20 18:59:26 CEST 2004

thx for the quick reply iohannes,

> so your setup should be something like
> pd->jack->alsa->hdsp
>
> (yesterday this gave me about 13ms latency which is quite ok)

ok, it's actually the way it's running
but i can't get this latency though
on my laptop (P4 2Ghz) i can run jack @96khz with a setting of 256
frames with no xrun, and that should give me a latency of 5.33 ms.
Now if start pd -jack, some xrun start to occur and audio is
periodically choppy.(note: if pd is running in -rt, audio seems to be
stable but i guess i have to make some intense tests before assuming
it's a correct setup).

If i really want to have it the "safe" way i must use a framesize of
1024... :(

so i'm just curious about this, is there things to improve for the
"safe" method or is it just a normal behaviour, is it ok to run pd in
-rt as it seems to enable lower audio latency with no click'n'pops ?