[PD] hdsp & pd (again..)

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed Apr 21 15:32:56 CEST 2004

> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> > julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net wrote:
>
> >> I use 64 or 128 samples, with 2 periods (I can't change this latter
> >> one actually)
> >> Latency is 2.9 ms (64 smp) or 5.38 ms (128 smp)
> >
> > when you set the samples/period-value to something like 64 you will
> > *not* get a latency of 64 samples.
>
> of course i was assuming non-sense here too, as you would expect
> 2*64=128 samples latency in such a case.
> still the real values are far worse.

well, of course 64 samples is only the HARWARE latency (and it corresponds to
1.5 ms @ 44100 Hz) ;
"2 periods" regards software processing only (correct me if I'm wrong)

and here, "2.9 ms (64 smp)" meant : "when I use a buffer size of 64 samples on
the HDSP, the global latency told by Qjackctl is 2.9 ms"

sorry for the confusion