[PD] hdsp & pd (again..)

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed Apr 21 15:40:31 CEST 2004

Selon aym3ric <stm-sq at bleu255.com>:

> > now i know why you all get so damned good latencies.
> > i guess the numbers are plain wrong when you refer to pd.
> >

> start to be confusing again :)
> if those values are wrong, what is the latency info in qjackctl is
> supposed to represent ?
> How can i measure the "real" latency within pd ? (i remember an
> out->in cable test patch posted a long time ago)

play an electric or an electronic instrument through Pd, you may see very well
if there's too much latency

I get a latency of 2.9 ms for Jack, and therefore this is the latency of the
system when no audio program runs
Under Pd the latency should of course be a bit higher, but still unperceptible
(that was not the case under Windows XP)