[PD] pdp2gem freezes pd?

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 21 22:48:58 CEST 2004

Zitiere metafor <metafor at gmx.net>:

> hi list
>
> does anybody knows what problem this could be?
> gem2pdp works just fine, but the pdp2gem crashs,
> as soon as i load a .mov file, i can see the first five,
> six frames and then pd freezes. Pd: signal 2

i have experienced similar things: loading quicktime-movies with Gem (no need
for pdp2gem) sometimes hangs on some of my machines.
actually the quicktime-library hangs and i haven't yet found a wayto avoid this.
i have never thought that this could be kernel-related but rather dependant on
special quicktime-versions.
(currently i am using a 2.4.23 kernel and libquicktime1 0.9.2pre1-sarge8.2 (yes
it's dabian) and it works fine)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes