[PD] Zexy and PDP Compilation Problems

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Apr 25 22:12:59 CEST 2004

Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> I'm pretty new to compilation of things not made by me, so bear with me if this is moronic. I've downloaded the
> zexy and pdp sources from the CVS, and am having problems comiling them on Debian Sarge kernel 2.6.3.
>
> When I go to the zexy directory (/usr/lib/pd/externs/zexy/src/), read the instructions, alter the makefile to
> suit my directories, and type make, it says "make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop." So I

"make -f makefile.linux"
(means: do make and read configuration from makefile.linux)

"make makefile.linux" would mean: read configuration the standard
makefile (either "makefile" or "Makefile") and try to build the target
"makefile.linux" (which is non-existant)

as for the pdp problem, it seems to be a compiler issue.

mfg..asdr
IOhannes