[PD] (no subject)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 26 18:10:27 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Georg Holzmann hat gesagt: // Georg Holzmann wrote:

> first you have to add your channels at startup as a command line argument.
> e.g. 'pd -listdev' shows you wich channels you can use,
> then start pd with these channels, maybe 'pd -audioindev 1,2 -audiooutdev
> 1,2'.

I think, this is not quite true. -audio[X]dev tells Pd what "card" to
use, not what cannels. It's analog to -midi[X]dev which lets you use
more than one midi device, but you still have the 16 channels per
device to use in the midi objects. Contrary to -audiodev multiple
mididevs actually do work, whereas I never got Pd to talk to more than
one soundcard reliably.

> Then in pd you can make the object [adc~ 1 2 3 4] or [dac~ 1 2 3 4] - so
> you'll have 4 channels!

This is correct, but as I wrote, you don't need to start with
audiodev 1,2 or similar.

Ciao