[PD] pd -rt and linux 2.6 [hdsp direct alsa support]

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon May 10 12:20:12 CEST 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004, derek holzer wrote:

> I would like to suggest that you disregard Thomas' advice. ALSA is now
> standard for 2.6 kernels, and throwing away the choice of using it
> straight seems like only limiting options rather than giving advantages.

Hmm, ok, point taken, although I do not agree fully with all of your
reasoning. I still have to find the time to reintroduce the working
version s_alsa.c in a recent pd version. If someone wants to give it
a try, just take s_alsa from the devel_0_36 branch and adapt it
to pd 0.37 changed audio structure.
As long as I don't have a HDSP card I might not find the motivation
to do so. I am sorry, I am terribly lazy :(

Guenter