[PD] ICC compile [or: PD + P4 + Linux = massive headache!]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri May 7 13:51:50 CEST 2004

Tim,

Tim Blechmann wrote:

> you shouldn't have to set the CC or CXX variables ... i'll have a look
> at it ... about the configure message ... is you icc executable in the
> /usr/bin path? if not, you'll probably have to create a symlink to it...

My ICC is from Gentoo, which puts it in /opt. I symlinked

/usr/bin/icc -> /opt/intel/compiler80/bin/icc

but it still starts with GCC. Also tried various other combinations of
directories etc, but still the same. The only way to get it to use ICC
is with CC or CXX flags.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl