[PD] smallest possible value of a delay-time

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri May 14 00:35:17 CEST 2004

hi

i had a discussion with a teacher today. the topic was the smallest
delay-time possible. in his opinion one sample is the atom of signal and
cannot be divided anymore. in my opinion it should be possible to get
shorter delays than 1 samples with interpolation. my argument was: it should
be possible to set the values of each sample so, that the resulting signal
would be similar to a digitized analogue signal with a shorter than 1 sample
delay.

Does anybody know a good explanation for this problem?

i konw, this haven't got anything to do with pd. but i think you are the
right people to ask. by the way: if it is possible, how would a realization
in pd look like?

thank you for helpin me

roman