[PD] loopool on pure-data.iem.at [plone problems!]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue May 18 09:26:12 CEST 2004

OK,

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> It should probably be .tar.bz2 that's my guess.

'file' reports it to be a POSIX tar archive. So I added .tar to the
name, and it untarred fine. Looking in the archive, I seemed to have had
this problme once before already. You think I would remember! ;-)

I guess the bigger problem is that when Plone adds files to
pure-data.org, it asks for a title. One would assume that Plone would
take the file extension from the uploaded file, but it doesn't. So, if
the file extension isn't given in the title, then it will not appear on
the downloaded file, because what you download is given the same name as
the title you give, not the name of the original file!

[At least that is the way it works with Mozilla on Linux... maybe M$IE
does it different? ;-) ]

I don't know who exactly to address this to, but I think it is a
bug/inconvenience/user-unfriendliness that should be fixed.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl