[PD] Anti-aliasing filter

Al Riley alrileyuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 18 21:23:13 CEST 2004

Thanks for help. I've sorted out my sample rate
problem but now I've got another problem.

I've got an additive synth which generates some very
high frequency partials and hence aliasing distortion
occurs when the fundamental is high enough.

I tried to fix this by using a low pass (lop~) filter
before the dac. This didn't fix the problem and I
suspect that lop~ only filters up to about 22kHz. Is
there a way of implementing a 'brick wall' filter
which will stop ALL frequencies past a cutoff? (i.e.
not just frequencies in the audible range)

Al