[PD] change sendsymbols dynamically

pix pix at test.at
Mon May 31 03:09:11 CEST 2004

since this is a very frequently asked question, i offer an infrequently
proposed answer, just to spice things up.

in the case of a fixed number of arguments, you can use a message
object,

[; x $1 (

is the same as

[send x]

(if you only ever send one argument into the send, ie, not a list)

so you could do

[pack s f]

to send the float to the receive named by the symbol..

... are my 3am musings understandable to anyone but me?

pix.