[PD] GEM: graphics cards?

Johannes Taelman j0 at advalvas.be
Thu Jun 17 18:33:52 CEST 2004

Martin Dupras wrote:

> I have since been completely unaware of development on the graphics
> cards front, but since most of my graphics needs are for GEM, I tought
> I'd ask here if anyone could recommend good recent cards that can drive
> two CRTs monitors (e.g. TwinView in the NVidia world) and has good
> openGL acceleration (for GEM performance.)

The ATI drivers can't handle one OpenGL or DirectX window spread over
two equally-sized screens without a dramatic performance hit. This was
what I needed for stereo-vision in GEM. Unfortunatly I bought an ATI
Radeon 9600 (without knowing about this issue) because this one (in
contrary to NVidia's mid-end) is kept cool with without a fan (noise).

  j#|@