[PD] addressing different lines in qlist or textfile ??

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jul 10 14:01:54 CEST 2004

Hallo,
jim ruxton hat gesagt: // jim ruxton wrote:

> Is there a way to address nonsequential lines in a qlist? for example if
> I want to address the 5th line that represents a soundfile would I have
> to bang 5 times to get that line or is there a way to address the 5th
> line. If not can I do this in textfile? Also is there a way to address
> different files within a folder randomly or do these file names have to
> be specified in a qlist or textfile? Thanks!

As I wrote in my earlier way, this is not possible easily. textfile
and qlist were not designed for "random acces", only for sequential
access. Use coll or pool (my recommendation) for this.

You also might want to have a look at my Memento system, included in
the abstractions/rradical directory on CVS, which is a very handy
system for presetting on a higher level of abstraction.

Ciao