[PD] setable values

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Jul 20 18:47:54 CEST 2004

> > i'd need a "set" message for the "value" object to access values
> > that are represented by symbols stored in "pool".
>
> I think I don't understand the question: There is a "set" message
> which works like:
>
> set key value(s)

sorry, i wasn't very detailed ... in the setup i'm working at, i have a
pool object containing a list of symbols.
each symbol represents a value object |value symbolxy|

what i want is accessing the |value| object using the output stream from
pool.

to do that, i can either create each |value| by messages, or (what i
would prefer) "set" the value...
since object creation by messages for let's say 100 values is probably
not very fast and the patch looks really ugly now, i'd prefer to use a
setable value ...

of course, i can also write an external, but to me it would make more
sense to implement it in pd itself...

cheers... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783