[PD] setable values

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 21 10:58:05 CEST 2004

Hallo Tim,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> since you are objecting, i _will_ write an external for that ... but
> there should be a discussion about extending the language ... a
> discussion between users, developers and miller...

I heartily agree here: I don't think, too, that the Pd core language
should stay fixed, and changes should be suggested, discussed and also
implemented. However it is very important to then include core changes
to all versions (which basically are only 2.5 currently: MSP, CVS and
imPD) at the same time. The reason is, that the language is the common
ground for all. If I do a workshop again, I wouldn't want to have to
tell people: "Well, this patch does only work with the CVS version."
Beginners might not even know what version they run.  I think, the
disadvantages of changing the core outweight the gain here. But maybe
someone else has another opinion?

Ciao