[PD] getting Pd to stay on top

cdr ix at replic.net
Wed Jul 28 17:35:28 CEST 2004

> Is there an easy way to have my main Pd patch window (the one with "key")
> launch into a highlighted state on Win2K?

sending something like this to a [tot] should almost definitely do that:

query wm focusmodel .^ active .: wm deiconify .^ .: raise .^ .: focus -force .^

all of those at once is probably overkill and may interfere with the keystroke grabbing, just worked here w/ a simple test on XP however...after adding a 'del 300' to make sure the window is already created before sending the loadbang...

check out the Tk documentation for "wm" you can do pretty much anything to the window