[PD] soundfiler feature request - 8 bit samples

ClaudiusMaximus gloriousclaudiusmaximus at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 21:23:14 CEST 2004

It would be very useful for me if [soundfiler] could load raw 8 bit
samples, both signed and unsigned variants.

Another very useful feature would be to be able to load IFF/8SVX
samples, these are signed 8 bit with a variable length header.  Nearly
all of my sample collection is in this format, having migrated from the
Amiga platform running OctaMED SoundStudio a couple of years ago (aside:
I am working on a tool to convert OctaMED modules into Gridflow grids +
Pd patches, if anyone is interested then shoot me an email).

Meanwhile I can convert the samples one by one with Sox, so it isn't
such a major issue.