[PD] bluetooth remote control?

Johannes Taelman j0 at advalvas.be
Fri Sep 10 19:14:13 CEST 2004

Christian Klotz wrote:
 > hi all,
 > because of trying to remote control a pd patch I was wondering if its
 > possible to use bluetooth. Because it has to be a special device I am
 > not planning to use any bluetooth keyboards or mice. Does anybody know a
 > possibility to get this idea workin (on OS X in this case) or is there a
 > way to get the bluetooth data on a midi channel?

I'd avoid MIDI in this case but it's easy to get data on a virtual
serial port. On the other end of the wire-less, you can use a bluetooth
module for embedded systems. Those are designed for the bluetooth SPP
Serial Port Protocol, so you don't even need special-purpose PD objects
or OSX drivers. They have an UART for communication with a PIC or other
microcontrollers.

Antoher option is to hack a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse or maybe a gamepad
(if they exist with BT, all wireless gamepads I've seen use a
proprietary data radio), and connect other switches/sensors.

  j#|@