[PD] Re: PD-list digest, Vol 1 #1414 - 7 msgs

Macciza raien at tpg.com.au
Sun Sep 19 09:53:16 CEST 2004

Hi All, Hi Ian,

I'm not too biased cause I only just got it - but then again I do look
alternate controllers, so . .. . ..
My initial appraisal is that it works very well indeed - 0 -63 values
via bend sensors on the fingers, +/- ~ 800 values of x,y,z location in
front of a receiver unit and 3 switches accessable by the left hand (
the unit is right hand only) all work quite well and patched into PD
easily.
Active opensource development on various platforms and a variety of
available apps providing MIDI or OSC streams of glove data. On my Mac I
get all the above data as an OSC stream in PD where it is up to me to
do what I want with. My first project is a basic theremin with pitch,
volume, modulation, tone, reverb, etc as hand controlled parameters.
Should be fun ;-) but there are defenitely more ambitious projects to
be tackled later.
Apparently they were originally about $100 US - now $12-50 at
computergeeks.com so get yourself a few and hack the extras - view it
as a FSR and localisation development kit
Checkout the EssentialReality web sight for more details.