[PD] [OT] A page to help others

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Sep 22 12:10:52 CEST 2004

Hi thewade,

I am very curious about this! Could you provide any information on the
actual performance gains you get from the 64bit processing over a 32bit
version  of the same processor speed? How many audiovisual production
applications actually benefit from 64bit? Seems like it's only games
right now... How could PD benefit from this? [I assume this would mean
that the whole code would have to be reworked, right?]

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl