[PD] OT: Studying at IEM

Kyle Klipowicz t3553r4ct at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 18:12:35 CEST 2004

Hi all~

I've been trying unsuccessfully to contact members at the IEM regarding a possible internship/semester abroad in Graz.  Hopefully the reason my requests for information have been ignored by the IEM staff I've emailed is due to the frantic schedule of the recent convention.

My personal story is that I'd like to study outside of the U.S. for a semester and am doing an undergraduate mathematics research project which involves studying Dr. Puckette's book and developing various synthesis and visual systems with Pure Data.  However, Kansas State University is not the best place to find learned instructors in this esoteric field.

My wish is to go to Austria for the spring semester of school and study with some of the masters.  I need information please before October 13 so I can discuss arrangements with the Study Abroad program at school and also with my mathematics advisor.  Specifically, I need to know tuition cost, living arrangements, and the varieties of programs offered through the IEM.

After seeing the pictures from the convention, I know that Graz is the one place in Europe where I'd feel like my time was well spent.  You have no idea how much I long to sit in a room full of people who have even the slightest awareness of what Pure Data is, and why it is the most important piece of free software in current audio/visual development!

Thank you.

~Kyle Klipowicz

Read my thoughts.

http://perhapsidid.blogspot.com

"The bigger things get the smaller and duller or flatter the globe gets.  It is getting to be all one blasted little provincial suburb. When they have introduced American sanitation, morale-pep, feminism, and mass production throughout the Near East, Middle East, Far East, USSR, the Pampas, el Gran Chaco, the Danubian Basin, Equatorial Africa, Hither Further and Inner Mumbo-land, Gondhwanaland, Lhasa, and the villages of darkest Berkshire, how happy we shall be."

~J.R.R. Tolkien