[PD] Gem initial trial run errors.

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue Oct 5 18:09:01 CEST 2004

> > pix_texture: not using client storage

does this mean that Im storing the texture in RAM and not in the VRAM
on the graphics card?

> > mpeg3video_seek: frame accurate seeking without a table of contents
> > is no longer supported.  Use mpeg3toc <mpeg file> <table of contents>
> > to generate a table of contents and load the table of contents instead.
>
> so you have quicktime + mpeg3 (for which a quite old api is used, which
> gives the \"frame accurate seeking\" warning)
> this is perfectly the behaviour of all debian-packages.

So what do I need to do to use movies as textures?
I will try the new patch provided by Guenter tonight (thanks Guenter!)
that will hopefully repair video\'s as textures and ieee1394 video
(pix_video) as well.

> > 01.Text.pd
> > Gem has been compiled without FONT-support !
>
> this is a problem with gem\'s debian package too.
> i think that ftgl-dev is available vor amd64 too, so it shouldn\'t be a
> real problem (but rather a bug in the debian-package which i have
> already filed and günther is aware of (i hope))

I think I built ftgl from source so all the prerequsite libraries
should be there...
Im not with my laptop right now, but I will check that tonight.

> > 01.primQuad.pd
> > doesnt seem to do anything
>
> strange.
> does it give you any warnings like \"compiled against openGL-1.0\" ?

I didnt see any last night, but I will check again tonight.

> thanks for the reports.

Thanks for writing the thing in the first place! AND for the help!
-thewade