[PD] GEM: displaying Pictures on MIDI Keyboard events, pix_image vs. pix_multiimage

Peter Todd peter_todd82 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 19:55:05 CEST 2004

> oops.
>
> cool - it works now. thank you james and peter.

Good stuff, glad to be able to help.

> sorry for sending weired files. but i guess one could call this a gui
> bug - if you can't open files someone else saved on a second screen...

In windows, you can right click on the item in the taskbar, click 'move',
then press a cursor key, and it brings the deranged window back (I often
need to do this when I make a fullscreen GEM while editing a patch on the
second screen).  I don't think it's really a bug, but it can certainly be
irritating.  Not nearly as irritating as having to edit the file manually
would be, though...  or, for that matter, if the position of windows was not
saved.  I guess there could be something in the GUI to force windows onto
the screen when loaded, but it doesn't seem worth the devs bothering about
too much, IMHO.