[PD] Good programming practice

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Oct 20 11:09:25 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Tom Schouten hat gesagt: // Tom Schouten wrote:

> this means the structure looks like:
> (1) very closely connected modules (spaghetti)
> (2) reasonably interconnect between the modules

Interestingly Memento in RRADical is exactly this: If you look into
the central patch of it, originator.pd, it's pure spaghetti. Possible
to understand, but really harder to understand than necessary. However
the only thing that is interesting with originator is outside of it,
it's its "interface". This is very clear (I hope) and easy to
understand.

BTW.: Inspired by this discussion I finally wrote a help file for all
Memento patches, which is in CVS.

ciao