[PD] saving abstractions within pd patch

adam armfield adamairmailed at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 03:09:44 CEST 2004

i use subpatches in my files but would like to use
abstractions because of all the advantages..

however.. for me the main disadvantage of abstractions
is that they are not embedded within the main project
file..

this is usually a problem if a friend sends me a patch
or i download one and it won't run because of missing
abstractions..

is there already a way to save abstractions inside a
patch?

if not i would like an option (checkbox for instance)
to do this..
i haven't quite worked out how to update embedded
files if the main abstraction file is changed in this
case..
maybe some kind of file browser which also tracks
dependencies would also be another approach...

i'm wondering if the approach used by tracktion would
be good in pd.. that program uses project files which
contain all files used.. sounds, midi info etc.

i like the idea of having all files used saved in some
kind of project file so that everything is always
there even if the files are moved, and so it still
works quickly and easily if sent to others..

best wishes
adam