[PD] $0-GriPD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 21 22:21:50 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Bradon Webb hat gesagt: // Bradon Webb wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how or why $0-variables do not work
> using GriPD?

How are you trying to use them? $0 is unique to every Pd patch file,
and they are more or less random. I doubt, that Gripd will have a way
to know the $0 variable used in a Pd patch. You could try to send the
current value to gripd.

> It seems like this is kind of problematic for developing
> abstractions to reuse multiple instances of in a patch, because
> everything has to be renamed.  Maybe I would be better of to just
> use PD GOP for abstractions?

Depends on what you want to do. There is no "better" here, Gripd and
IEM sliders/GOP are very different things.

I must say, I am quite happy with the Pd GUI and I have never really
used Gripd.

Ciao