[PD] Hi+NU B ?s-installing libs in OSX from CVS, GEM:QT audio,Bright/contrast

Bradford Reed pencilina at verizon.net
Thu Oct 28 06:18:52 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I'm new to your list and to PD and GEM. I am familiar with max. PD is so amazing! I'm very happy and having a lot of fun. Thanks to all who have contributed and I hope I can add something soon. I'm using PD 0.37.2 and gem 0.888-rc2 in OSX on a dual 1.8 G5 and It's SMOKIN! I had 6 streams of quicktime videos having all sorts of fun. (BTW-I also tried max and jitter demo and for some reason it was slower and crashed more... also I learbed a great way to capture gem output in OS X  is Snapzpro (a screen grabber that can work with video).

?s:
-I'm trying to give my patches memory and have read Frank Barknecht most excellent stuff about doing this but have not been able to get his patches going because I have no idea how to deal with (what to do with) makefiles and CVS and I need to instal zexy and osc.  I have PD living in my applications folder. Could somebody explain how to do this or point me into a compiling sourcecode for dummies place? Or a maybe theres a kind sould who could UL their working OSX versions of zexy and OSC to an FTP.

-In GEM the audio from my quicktime video clips gets output is there any place to grab this audio and/or mute it (besides extracting it from my video clips or turning my mac's volume down)?

-Is there a  way in GEM to adjust brightness and contrast?

Thanks so much in advance. Sorry if these are stupid ?s.

-Bradford Reed

http://www.pencilina.com