[PD] midi-out devices listing

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 28 14:49:12 CEST 2004

Lazzaro N. Ciccolella wrote:
> oliver wrote:
>
> I cannot see those informations because I have no terminal available
> and
> make a redorection like
> es.
> exec <path_pd>/pd.exe -options > textfile.txt
> dont work.

1) if you are using pd-0.38 (or higher) you will have to add "-stderr"
to the flags to make pd output something via the stderr instead of the
tk-console

2) pd outputs to stderr and not to stdout. this might be the problem
with your redirection. unfortunately i don't know of any
stream-redirections for windows (which doesn't mean they don't exist)

> some tips?

and then of course the question, why would you need to know such a thing
like the names of the midi-out devices if you have no gui.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes