[PD] back in pdland

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Oct 30 00:18:37 CEST 2004

moin Miha, moin list,

On 29 October 2004 at 23:37:48, Miha Tomsic appears to have written:
 > 2. I get dropouts (A/D/A sync) every minute or so when using ALSA
 > output. Even if I am not touching anything. With oss I don't get this
 > problems. I am using -rt scheduling. Jack is also doing fine. The same
 > is with 0.38-0test7.
 > I am using alsa 1.0.5(a) from PlanetCCRMA applied over FC2.

I've had very similar problems with ALSA versions 0.9.8 and 1.0.2
in conjunction with pd & jack on my laptop -- disturbingly regular
audible xruns every 70 seconds or so.  Unfortunately, I never managed
to determine what was causing them (I turned off every non-critical
service I found running, disabled filesystem journaling, etc.),
but if you (or anyone else on the list) finds or knows a solution,
I'm interested in hearing it too ;-)

marmosets,
	Bryan