[PD] Evolution UC-33 tools in RRADical CVS

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Oct 30 23:10:26 CEST 2004

Great!  This is exactly what I am trying to work on right now.  I am
working on a set of objects like this for all sorts of human interface
devices, including MIDI and USB devices.  I would like to all be
structured similarly so that once you know how to use one, it would be
very easy to use another.  Currently, there are many different objects
that do this stuff, and they all work in different ways.

So it would be ideal if there was a [uc-33] object that had no GUI
stuff, but just output the info from the device and took input and sent
it to the device.  Then the RRADical GUI stuff would be built on top of
that standard Pd object.  I have on worked with these midi devices a
little bit, so I am largely guessing at what all needs to happen.  Does
this make sense in terms of your experience?  Also, I was hoping to
generalize these devices a bit, with something like a [sliderbank]
object, so that people could write patches that used MIDI slider banks
without being totally depending on one model of slider bank.

.hc

On Oct 26, 2004, at 1:13 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just so they don't get missed by anyone owning a Evolution UC-33 or a
> similar Midi-faderbox: I added some IMO very useful abstractions to
> the Sourceforge-CVS in abstractions/rradical/control which act as a
> bridge between Midi controller data and OSC messages, as they are used
> everywhere in RRADical. A screenshot of one of the abstractions is
> attached.
>
> Some settings for the UC-33 presets 1 and 10 ("Cubase Multichannel
> Mixing"), which I always use, are also in CVS, but midi learn makes
> custom settings very easy.
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                               _ ______footils.org__
> <evo33.png>

____

            "The arc of history bends towards justice."
                                                               Dr.
Martin Luther King, Jr.