[PD] Using two qwerty keyboards (one standard, one USB) attached to the

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 31 17:14:32 CET 2004

On Sunday 31 October 2004 03:33, ClaudiusMaximus wrote:

> It seems that it is the case that all of the keyboards are grabbed: I
> plugged in both keyboards (one normal, one USB) and typing on both
> showed up in the same terminal window (this is a gterm in GNOME).  This
> was without evdev loaded.

But do you want this?
I had a problem with using a keypress to trigger a loop, because pd also sents
it to the currently clicked numberbox f.i.
What happended:
 I just set the tempo to 170 BPM in a numberbox and didn't bother clicking the
canvas afterwards.
Then I pressed 1 to start the first loop, and behold, the tempo got set to 1
BPM as well, so not much was happening.
The focus is visible if you use numberbox2, but not on a "classic"-numberbox/
So using a secondary keyboard, it might be better to disable it as an
X-windows ikeyboard-device, and use the hid-object to parse the input.
That way you won't get these nasty surprises.

ciao

Gerard

electronic & acoustic musics-- http://www.xs4all.nl/~gml