[pd] Linux migration

beau25 at access4less.net beau25 at access4less.net
Wed Nov 10 08:02:54 CET 2004

Hello PD list,
   A week ago I wrote about pd not finding libtcl.so.0 or
libtk.so.0
   Well pd still can not find these libraries, but I have
managed to find them in my usr/lib folder. This makes me
think that the pd rpm needs to be in a specific location
inorder to find these libs. Does any one know what directory
the pd.rpm file should be placed in for a linux installation
of the program? Also the libtcl.so file is missing the last
0 do you think that should make a difference?

I am on redhat 9 incase you need to know this inorder to
answer my question.

Is there anything else that I need to do to the rpm besides
double clicking on it to get it to install correctly?

Would trying the tar.gz be any easier?