[PD] pidip compile errors.

Matthew Allen mtallen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 16:32:52 CET 2004

latest pidip out CVS. pdp is about a week old. PD is out of CVS about
a week old.

I feel like I am almost there!

The configure file was created new using autoconf with all of the
correct settings. I am r
After a succesful pdp compile I get most of pidip compiled and then
when it goes to make the library I get this:

make -C system
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/pd/externals/pidip/system'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `current'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pd/externals/pidip/system'
make -C modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/pd/externals/pidip/modules'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `current'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pd/externals/pidip/modules'
rm -f pidip.pd_linux
g++ -export_dynamic -shared -o pidip.pd_linux modules/*.o system/*.o
-lbz2 -lz -ldl -lmp3lame -logg -lvorbis -lvorbisenc -L/usr/lib
-lImlib2 -lfreetype -lz -lm -ldl -lXext -lXext -lX11 -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lMagick -lMagick -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lpng
-lexif -ldpstk -ldps -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lbz2 -lxml2 -lz
-lpthread -lm -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lexif
collect2: ld returned exit status
make: *** [pidip.pd_linux] Error 1

when I remove the library exif from line 9 in the make file it compiles fine.

However when I start pd and it loads the pidip library I get this

error:/usr/local/lib/pd/externs/pidip.pd_linux:
/usr/local/lib/pd/externs/pidip.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
quicktime_close
pidip: can't load library

I dont think they are related at all, but I though I would post. exif
is an imagemagick thing correct? As far as I can tell its a way to
deal with jpegs? Not really quicktime related, so I think I have more
problems than it looks like at first glance.

thanks!