[PD] dyn~ newbie questions......

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 15:12:19 CET 2004

Hi Thomas:

> Hi Chun,
> vis 0/1 is only there for very rudimentary debugging. It is not even really
> working since connections are not drawn. I don't think i will attempt to
> "fix" this.
> I think it's better to think of the dynamically created patcher inside dyn~
> as being invisible.
> Why do you want to set the position?

If the patcher inside dyn~ is best think of as being invisible, I guess
getting position is no longer a question. My idea was that to dynamically
create/remove reasonably self-contained dsp abstractions (autonomous agents)
which requires no connections to be functional. And using dyn~ to
create/delete n number of them in real time. By being able to set position,
it just makes it easier to view what's there. Am I making sense?

Many thanks for your reply.

Cheers

CHUN